Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Info and Hours:
- You can reach us at +1 (267) 544-0246 or via email at email@example.com
- You can also contact us through our website using our Contact Us Page.
- Our friendly team can assist you personally Mon-Fri from 9am to 5pm Eastern Time.
- Outside of business hours, please leave us a message and we'll get back to you like German clockwork.
- We have extended hours during the Holiday shopping season.
- Trying to visit our Pennsylvania store in Peddler's Village?
SHIPPING & TAX:
Free Shipping on all orders over $100 (within the continental US)
- For orders below $100 the shipping rate is $9.50. Orders are shipped USPS Priority Mail.
For Expedited Shipping and orders outside of the 48 contiguous states please contact us at 267-544-0246 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you immediately to assist you in placing your order!
- Most items ship from our German Gift Store in Pennsylvania and will be sent via UPS Ground or USPS Priority Mail and include a tracking number.
- Cuckoo clocks that ship from Germany will be sent via UPS Express to the 48 states and arrive typically within 3-5 business days.
- We collect 6% sales tax for orders shipping to Pennsylvania. There is no sales tax for orders shipping outside of Pennsylvania.
- For Canada and International orders: all local taxes, duties and fees are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- For orders within the United States, all customs and duties are covered by us. There are no hidden fees!
How are cuckoo clocks shipped?
- In-stock cuckoo clocks usually ship within 2-days from the date of order from our Pennsylvania location.
- We carry a large selection of authentic German cuckoo clocks in our Peddler’s Village store.
- You can also contact us prior to placing your order for local availability and a delivery estimate.
How are ANRI special orders shipped?
In-Stock ANRI: We typically have the Starter and Expanded sets on hand and ready to ship at all times for the most popular artists and sizes. ANRI figures are works of art with each piece carved and painted by hand. This could lead to longer lead times while the artists complete their work.
ANRI Special Orders: We receive shipments of ANRI figures constantly throughout the year but are subject to the current availability at ANRI. We will inform you immediately of the status of any ANRI order that will require special ordering or you can contact us prior to placing your order for availability. There are no returns or exchanges on special order ANRI figures.
Christmas Delivery can ONLY be guaranteed if placed by November at the latest.
- Unsure which ANRI figure you need? Read our guide on how to order the correct ANRI Nativity set figure.
WARRANTY & RETURNS:
- We guarantee the quality and workmanship of all products we carry.
- We offer a full 2-year warranty on cuckoo clocks that are deemed to be defective in parts or function.
- This excludes improper care or owner damage to the cuckoo clock.
- For all other products, our 30 day return policy is in effect for any item determined to be defective.
- We handle all repairs for items bought on this site or in the store ourselves.
- For cuckoo clock repairs, please read our troubleshooting guide first. Most issues can be fixed with a few easy steps.
- We offer full phone support on your clock beyond the two-year warranty for the lifetime of your clock.
- If we cannot remedy the issue over the phone, you can bring your cuckoo clock to our store for service.
- If your clock needs to be shipped to us, the cost of shipping is your responsibility. Please call first, we may be able to help you locate a repair center closer to you for your convenience.
Please remember to:
- Always keep your sales receipt.
- Always keep the original cuckoo clock box.
- Always call first as we may be able to remedy the issue in minutes.
- If you have not purchased your clock from us and are looking for someone who can repair it, call us at 267-544-0246. If your clock does not require shipping, we can perform such repairs.
- We accept returns within 30 days from the date of purchase for all new, undamaged items in resalable condition
- All items must be returned unaltered in the original box and packaging.
- All items shipped back to our location must be re-boxed and packed safely to avoid damage to the product or its packaging.
- We are not responsible for return shipping charges.
- We reserve the right to assess a 20% restocking charge on returned products.
- All sales are final on special orders and sale items.
- For in-store purchases, your sales receipt with barcode is required for all returns.
- Any shipment that arrives damaged must be reported to us within 3 business days. Please make sure to keep any broken parts.
How do I return an item?
- Due to the hand-made nature of cuckoo clocks, they must first be tested before a return can be processed.
- All returns must get a Return Authorization prior to being shipped and be included in the shipment.
- All returns must arrive within 10 days of the Return Authorization issue date.
- To receive a Return Authorization, please contact us regarding your order.
How to safely ship a cuckoo clock:
Items needed: Product box and outer shipping box.
*Do NOT ship your cuckoo clock without using the product box and an outer shipping box. If you do not have your product box anymore, the clock is not shippable.
The goal of the following steps is to have no loose items in the box that could damage the clock during transport.
- Get the empty product box.
- Take weights, pendulum, and top carving (if your clock has one) off and wind-up clock.
- Latch cuckoo door (metal wire next to door).
- Take clock off the wall and lay on its face on a soft surface.
- Open back door.
- Put clip(s) on bellows.
- Stick piece of paper in coil gong on back door.
- Close back door.
- Thread wire through chain (as close as possible to the case) and pack up chain in enclosed bag. Tie wire around bag to hold it tight to the case. The goal is to secure the chain, so it does not tangle around and get caught inside the mechanism and won’t damage the clock carvings.
- Place clock, pendulum, weights, and top carving in product box making sure it gets a tight fit.
- Seal product box with shipping tape.
- Put the product box in a separate shipping box. Fill the empty spaces with paper, bubble wrap or air pockets, so the product box does not move. This will greatly reduce the risk of damage to the clock during shipment.
Please make sure to follow the above steps. Fehrenbach Black Forest Clocks is not responsible for damages during the transportation process resulting from improper packing. Violation of the above return shipping instructions may void the warranty on your clock.
Shipping charges are your responsibility.
- Refunds will not include the original shipping and handling charge unless the error was ours and will be only for the cost of the product and any applicable sales tax that may have been collected.
- For orders that were shipped at no charge originally, the actual shipping cost will be deducted from the refund for all returned orders that were not due to the actions of Fehrenbach Black Forest Clocks.
- We reserve the right to assess a 20% restocking charge on returned products.
- Refunds will be given in the same form of payment as the original purchase.
- Larger in-store cash purchases may be refunded by check or gift card.
SECURITY & PRIVACY:
- Your privacy and online security are our top priorities:
- We are an authorized merchant with Google, PayPal and Shopify
- All transactions are secured by 256-bit SSL encryption, the highest commercially available.
- We do not store any credit card or payment service information.
- We do not sell or trade any personal information with 3rd parties.
- All web analytics used are anonymous.